How to Graduate
To graduate, students should:
- File a plan for completing degree requirements with their advisor or program staff at least three quarters prior to graduation.
Check that all courses used to fulfill major requirements have been taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses offered satisfactory/no credit only.
- Ensure you have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in all course work used to fulfill the major requirement.
(Students must comply with the requirements specified in the Bulletin at the time a major is declared.)
Registration is required in degree conferral quarter. Students must be enrolled in courses, or apply for a special registration status (PSO, Grad Quarter, Last Units Out of Residence).
- Apply to graduate in Axess. (Senior survey required)
- Check GERs and units toward graduation. (Verify progress towards University degree requirements with Academic Advising.)
- Check Degree Plan (major requirements).
- Ensure that you will complete the requirements (section above) for your entire degree plan by the end of Spring quarter, including major(s), minors(s), and school requirements. Check with the student services administrator in your department(s) or school(s) to make sure you are on track to graduate.
Monitor "To Do" Items (indicate which requirements are outstanding) and your application status in Axess.
2018-19 Application to Graduate Deadline
The upcoming application to graduate opens the day after each term's application to graduate deadline. Please refer to the below chart:
|Quarter Student Applying to Graduate||Application to Graduate Available in Axess||Application to Graduate Deadline||Late Application to Graduate Deadline|
|Autumn 2018-19||August 4, 2018||November 16, 2018 (5:00pm)||December 7, 2018 (5:00pm)|
|Winter 2018-19||November 16, 2018||March 1, 2019 (5:00pm)||March 15, 2019 (5:00pm)|
|Spring 2018-19||March 2, 2019||April 12, 2019 (5:00pm)||June 5, 2019 (5:00pm)|
|Summer 2018-19||April 13, 2019||August 2, 2019 (5:00pm)||August 30, 2019 (5:00pm)|
Please use the instructions below to submit your application in Axess:
Select "Apply to Graduate" from the drop down menu on the Student Center Academics tab and complete the entire application to graduate process.
Please note that if you apply to graduate, and then withdraw that application to graduate, you will be unable to re-apply for graduation in Axess for that same quarter. For questions regarding the application to graduate, contact the Student Services Center, 2nd floor Tresidder Union or submit a SU Services & Support Request .
Students who confer their degree autumn, winter, spring and summer 2018-19 are welcome to participate in the diploma ceremony in June.