To graduate, students should:
- File a plan for completing degree requirements with their advisor or program staff at least three quarters prior to graduation.
Check that all courses used to fulfill major requirements have been taken for a letter grade with the exception of courses offered satisfactory/no credit only.
- Ensure you have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in all course work used to fulfill the major requirement.
(Students must comply with the requirements specified in the Bulletin at the time a major is declared.)
- Students who earn less than a C+ in either Stats 116 or Stats 200 must repeat the course.
Registration is required in degree conferral quarter. Students must be enrolled in courses, or apply for a special registration status (PSO, Grad Quarter, Last Units Out of Residence).
University checklist: https://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/registrar/students/graduation-checklist
- Apply to graduate in Axess. (Senior survey required)
- Check GERs and units toward graduation. (Verify progress towards University degree requirements with UAR advisor.)
- Check Degree Plan (major requirements).
- Ensure that you will complete the requirements (section above) for your entire degree plan by the end of Spring quarter, including major(s), minors(s), and school requirements. Check with the student services administrator in your department(s) or school(s) to make sure you are on track to graduate.
Monitor "To Do" Items (indicate which requirements are outstanding) and your application status in Axess.
Undergraduate graduation checklist: https://registrar.stanford.edu/students/graduation/undergraduate-graduation-checklist
2017-18 Application to Graduate Deadline
- Autumn quarter: November 17, 2017
- Winter quarter: March 3, 2018
- Spring quarter: April 13, 2018. Late application: June 6, 2018
- Summer quarter: August 3, 2018
Students who confer their degree autumn, winter, spring and summer 2017-18 are welcome to participate in the diploma ceremony in June.