Have you been invited to present a poster at a conference this year?
For those of you who have been working on reserach and have been accepted by a conferecnce to present your findings, Stanford's VPUE offers funding to help with travel costs.
- Plan ahead and be aware of the deadlines during the year.
- Ask for recommendation letters early.
- Determine logistics of travel (airfare costs, conference registration, lodiging, and transportation between airports, hotels and the conference center.
Conference Grants of up to $1,500 support students who have been accepted to present their own project results at a professional or scholarly conference.
- Travel to student-run conferences (conferences specifically for students) or to attend conferences (but not give presentations) is not funded.
- Grants can fund travel, conference registration, and food and lodging.
- Each student is eligible for at most one UAR Conference Grant per academic year.
- Applications and Faculty Letters of Recommendation are due at each of the Small Grant deadlines throughout the year as described above, and decisions are announced at the same times.
- Conference travel support for graduating seniors: To present at a conference that takes place within one quarter (including summer) of degree conferral, graduating seniors can apply for conference grant funding to cover TRAVEL expenses that will be paid upfront (e.g. tickets for travel to conference location). Students must apply during a regular grant deadline before the conferral of their degrees. All other grant application and eligibility requirements must be met.
Application deadlines are found throughout the year, making the Small Grant especially flexible. Deadlines for the 2018-2019 Academic Year are:
- October 1, 2018 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due October 7, 2018)
- November 1, 2018 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due November 7, 2018)
- December 1, 2018 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due December 7, 2018)
- January 7, 2019 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due January 13, 2019)
- February 1, 2019 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due February 7, 2019)
- March 1, 2019 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due March 7, 2019)
- April 1, 2019 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due April 7, 2019)
- May 1, 2019 (Faculty Letters of Recommendation due May 7, 2019)