MCS Peer Advisor application for 2019-20 opens in January.
Peer Advising Program Description:
Under the guidance of the MCS Program Administrator, Peer Advisors will:
• Hold weekly drop-in office hours – 2 hours per week will be advertised to prospective and current majors as drop-in office hours in which you are available to offer student perspectives on courses, major requirements, and your academic experience
• Organize student and program events – be the student representative at campus-wide events including majors’ night and academic open houses. Also available to be at MCS Program sponsored events
• Manage student communications
• Assist with administrative tasks as necessary
• Act as the student representative and liaison among students, staff, and faculty
• Report to and assist the MCS Student Services Officer
• Currently declared MCS Major with Junior or Senior status as of Autumn 2019
• Self-starter, motivated to help fellow students and improve major as a whole
• Able to work office hours + events as needed for the entire academic year
• No overseas study planned for 2019-2020 academic year
• Strong knowledge of the program and its major requirements
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Independent learner and worker
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated record of leadership, maturity, and academic excellence • Good organizational skills, dependable, responsible
Resume and Cover letter required.
Interviews will take place in early April.
Application Deadline: TBD