Graduate Program Information & Support:
Many of those who go on to graduate school choose from a variety of schools, such as California Institute of Technology, Wharton School, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Northwestern, universities in the UC system and many graduate degree programs at Stanford.
In addition, students who continue on to graduate school to pursue a range of fields of study, such as bioinformatics, biophysics, communication, economics, engineering, law, medicine, and statistics.
- School of H&S (Preparing & Timeline, applicable for most grad programs not just H&S)
- Graduate Student Funding
- Diversity and Inclusion Brochure - provides an overview of graduate opportunities and diversity resources across the School of Humanities and Sciences.
- Academic Advising - All programs
- Other Resources for Graduate and Professional School Planning- (Meet with an Advisor)
- Financial Support for Graduate School
- Considerations: Understand if a graduate program requires the GRE and/or the GRE Subject Test
- I.E. GRE Math Subject Test. IMPORTANT: Unlike the general test, the math subject test is only offered three times each year, Check ets.org for testing dates.
It is important to fully understand graduate program requirements, eligibility, and deadlines. All of these can differ between professional, doctoral, masters, and HCP(part-time) programs. Some programs may only accept candidates once a year.
- All Programs
-Academic Advising- Coterminal Degrees at Stanford
-Stanford Coterminal Master’s Degree Bulletin
-Academic Advising Coordinator of Coterminal Advising - Make an Appointment
-Applying to Coterm - Registrar
Questions should be directed to the Coterminal Department of the student’s choice.
- Application Requirements
- MS in Biomedical Informatics
- Biology (Candidates design their own course of study - Computational)
Coterminal Study in Engineering - All School of Engineering
If applicable, consider part-time internship (year round) while pursuing coterm. Students may consider participating in full-time research or internships in summer (senior year). ClassX available for academic support for School of Engineering courses.
- Computer Science
- Application Requirements
- Management Science & Engineering
- Institute for Computational & Mathematical Engineering - see coterm applicants
- Data Science Track & Mathematical and Computational Finance Track (MCF)
Consider MS programs (Honors Cooperative Program) - SCPD Page, See Stanford's page
The Honors Cooperative Program (HCP), through the Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD), allows professionals to pursue graduate study on a part-time basis. HCP students are fully matriculated graduate students of Stanford University with all privileges, rights and responsibilities. While part of the degrees can be completed online, this depends heavily on your program plan, area of focus, and the course offerings for any given academic quarter. Most students can work full-time while pursuing HCP MS Degree. ClassX available for academic support for School of Engineering courses.
- School of Engineering - MS&E, ICME, CS
- Statistics MS Degree (HCP)
- Biomedical Informatics MS Degree (HCP)
Stanford websites, including all MCS program pages, may include hyperlinks to websites maintained or controlled by others. Stanford is not responsible for and does not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these websites.