Get Ready for 2023 Commencement!
The MCS Diploma Ceremony takes place Sunday, June 18th, starting with a reception at 11:45AM, immediately following the main ceremony in the stadium. We're so excited to celebrate with you!
Please read the MCS Ceremony Information, and share with your family and guests!
Please complete this MCS Diploma Ceremony Participation survey by May 1 to let us know whether you’ll be participating in the MCS ceremony on Sunday, June 18 following the university stadium ceremony.
- Even if you are not attending the ceremony but will be graduating, please complete the survey as we collect future contact information and career/grad study placement data for the benefit of future students in the program (personal data will not be shared).
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate double majors, major-minors, or coterms who want to attend multiple department ceremonies, so you will need to decide which one to attend.
- If your degree is to be conferred later than June 2023 (for example, summer or autumn quarter 2023) and you would like to participate in this year’s department ceremony, you must complete the Commencement Walkthrough Petition.
- Spring quarter graduates apply in Axess by April 14 at 5pm.
- Review information for the University Stadium Ceremony.
The department graduation ceremony and reception for MCS, Statistics, and Data Science will be held in Serra Grove (between Sequoia Hall and Jane Stanford Way) immediately following the main University stadium ceremony on Sunday, June 18th. Graduates and guests generally arrive from the main ceremony by 11:45am. Our reception will be held prior to the diploma ceremony, and then everyone should be seated by 12:45pm. The ceremony will begin shortly thereafter and will last until approximately 2:15pm. Tickets are not required. Review all the details for the MCS diploma ceremony.
To confirm your degree progress (if you have not already done so) please follow the instructions in this Google Form and/or contact aekuhn [at] stanford.edu (Amanda )(SSO) by March 17.
If you have any questions specific to the MCS diploma ceremony, please contact our student services team at mcs-inquiries [at] lists.stanford.edu.
Congratulations to our graduates and their families on this wonderful milestone!